$550,000 – Unsafe Premises

September 29th, 2011 Results,Uncategorized

We never gave up advocating for the surviving daughters of their hard working immigrant father who succumbed to injuries from a house fire in Queens.  The insurance company steadfastly refused to pay arguing that intoxication and smoking in bed caused the fire and that their father first survived but then voluntarily went back into the burning building to save a neighbor.  Using the legal doctrine of “Danger Invites Rescue”, we were able to secure a fair measure of justice because of an absentee landlord’s failure to have working smoke detectors, which our fire expert determined would have likely prevented the fire from spreading.

Fellows Hymowitz took on a difficult case which ended in a positive resolution. The professionalism and dedication of the entire staff was overwhelming. They handled my case as if it was there own. There was no double talk or redundant paper work. They kept the case moving forward in a positive flow with continuous communication and explanation of each step. I highly recommend this firm.

- Anonymous