Summer officially begins with the Memorial Day Weekend. Enjoy time at the beach, at the pool, at barbeques with friends and family but do not forget those who gave their lives to a thankful Nation. Remember those who perished in all of the wars since the founding of this great nation. Think of a veteran who served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan and are not here with us because of the ultimate sacrifice given to keep us free and safe.
Remember the families whose loved ones are not with them – the Gold Star mothers and fathers who bare the heavy lifelong burden of the loss of a loved one who was called or volunteered for duty, not to return.
Whether you spend your holiday weekend in reflection, giving thanks or relaxing with your friends, family and loved ones, we hope you have a safe, wonderful and meaningful weekend.
Always keep in mind that Memorial Day is one of the busiest travel holidays. An estimated 38 million Americans are in route during this holiday weekend. With more drivers on the road there is more of a risk of being involved in a car crash. Do not become another statistic!
We, at Fellows Hymowitz, encourage you to:
- Plan your trip ahead of time – leave early in order to get a head start on your drive & try to travel at non-peak hours.
- Stay alert – make sure to be aware of your surroundings at all times, be patient and obey the speed limit throughout your drive.
- Stay informed – know where there are road closures and heavy or delayed traffic.
- Avoid distracted driving – never use your phone while driving, and keep conversation short among passengers.
- Pull over to take a nap if drowsy
- NEVER drink & drive!
- NEVER drive when “high”
- NEVER text and drive
Never forget and enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend
Fellows Hymowitz – The Right Lawyers Make a Real Difference