Bhu Foods has voluntarily recalled protein bars because of contamination. The supplier of sunflower seeds used in the bar, located in Highland, NY, reported finding the Listeria bacteria in its facility. Listeria can cause fever and diarrhea. Thankfully there have been no confirmed illnesses as of the posting of Bhu Foods’ recall notice.
The recalled products are the following flavors of protein bars produced May 9 through June 9:
- Organic Vegan Protein – Chocolate + Tart Cherry + Pistachio, Lot Code: 13717
- Organic Vegan Protein – Apple Chunk + Cinnamon + Nutmeg, Lot Code: 13717
- Organic Vegan Protein – Peanut Butter + Chocolate Chip, Lot Code: 13917
- Organic Vegan Protein – Superfood Chocolate Chip + Fudge Brownie Batter, Lot Code: 13817 and 15417
- Organic Vegan Protein – Peanut Butter + White Chocolate, Lot Code: 15317 and 15417
- Grass Fed Whey Protein – Dark Chocolate + Coconut + Almond (Made with Organic Ingredients), Lot Code: 13917
- Grass Fed Whey Protein – Salted Caramel + Pecan (Made with Organic Ingredients), Lot Code: 13017 and 13817
- Grass Fed Whey Protein – Vanilla + Almond + Cashew (Made with Organic Ingredients), Lot Code: 13017 and 13817
- Paleo Protein – Double Dark Chocolate Chip (Made with Organic Ingredients), Lot Code: 13117, 14017, and 14317
Bhu Foods’ president issued an apology.
If you purchased the products listed above, call Bhu Foods at 619-855-3992 for more information. Any affected products can be returned to the place of purchase for an exchange.
Products liability claims can be the result of negligence on the part of a manufacturer. If you or a loved becomes ill after consuming a recalled product, call Fellows Hymowitz today at 845-639-9300 for a FREE, confidential consultation.
When you call, one of our caring, dedicated attorneys will investigate every detail of your situation at no cost to you. Our experienced New York and New Jersey Product Liability attorneys will help you find answers and fight hard to protect your rights.
Fellows Hymowitz – The Right Lawyers Make a Real Difference